Asked by Francis from United Kingdom | Jun. 10, 2016 10:09
About:China Visa on Arrival

French citizen attending Chinese mother-in-law funeral in China

Hi, my son and I are French citizens, my wife is Chinese, we are all resident in the UK. Her mum passed away last night, my wife is already on her way to PRC. Would it be possible to get a visa on port of entry for my son and myself, if we were to fly to PRC within the next few days? Or what would be the best course of action?

Many thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by Jess from Netherlands | Jun. 10, 2016 22:26
I’m sorry to hear that, but as far as I know, the VOA is not applicable to French passport holders. You should apply for the entry permit in advance. You can apply for a tourist L type to go there. You can choose the express service which takes 2 working days when you apply for the L type.
Related Questions:
If there is family funeral in China, could the family member travel without...
Asked by D C from Canada
| Sep. 21, 2014 22:28
To attending funeral: My brother pass away last night. Can I get a visa at...
Asked by Julia Dein from Australia
| Apr. 17, 2014 22:43
How many days does it take for a French citizen to get a visitor's visa at...
Asked by Brian from Canada
| Oct. 04, 2011 03:42
Chinese visas for French living in French territories.
Asked by Chris from St.Martin
| Oct. 17, 2013 04:34
I am a French citizen living in Scotland. Can I apply for a visa to go to C...
Asked by Mrs.Cunningham from Scotland
| Jun. 04, 2009 21:42
Does French Citizen require Chinese visa to fly to Shanghai and join cruise...
Asked by anna from Russia
| Jul. 25, 2013 03:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)