Asked by Susan Bradfield from U.K. | Jun. 04, 2016 02:01
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Confused about the 144 hour free transit

I am flying into Hong Kong from the UK, I then pick up a cruise ship and sail to Keelung Tiawan, Okinawa, and then Shanghai, we stay in port for 16 hours and then sail to the ports of Nagasaki, Kobe, Shimizu and disembark in Tokyo where we catch a return flight to the UK.
Can I use the 144 hour rule and visit Shanghai without getting a full Visa.
If so how do I get the Arrival/Departure card and who would the carrier be the airline or the cruise company, who inform the immigration dept in Shanghai.
Many thanks in advance.

Answers (1)
Answered by Peter from Netherlands | Jun. 04, 2016 02:45
Susan, you will go to Shanghai from Okinawa? If yes, you cannot enjoy the free transit in Shanghai because you will sail to Japan after 16-hour stay in Shanghai. In this case, you need to apply for a tourist L type to Shanghai.
Related Questions:
I arrive in PVG from LAX the 12 of APR at 1625 and leave for HND the 17 of ...
Asked by matt from USA
| Oct. 08, 2018 00:40
72 or 144 hour free transit?
Asked by Gary from Canada
| Sep. 17, 2017 22:48
i am travelling from United States to Shanghai and directly back to the US ...
Asked by Joe K from USA
| Sep. 21, 2016 22:31
I am arriving in Shanghai by air on March 21 and leaving on a cruise ship t...
Asked by sheldon from Canada
| Feb. 21, 2017 20:58
I am flying NZ, HK, Shanghai back to NZ
Asked by Lorraine from New Zealand
| Aug. 31, 2017 20:42
Asked by Howard from USA
| Nov. 09, 2017 00:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)