Asked by Al from Colombia | May. 25, 2016 02:01
About:China Student Visa

Hello, I am currently in Shanghai doing an intenship, I have an X2 visa duration of stay 180 days.

I am a student back in my home country and as a requirement to have my degree I need to do an internship program. I want to extend my x2 for another 180 days I went to the public security bureau and the information guy told me I can not extend my x2 and he doesnt even know why i got a student X2 because i am not a student in china, even though i explain to him that i am still enroll in school in my home country.
Can you please advise which options do i have or what can i do to be able to stay in PRC for another 180 days to finish my internship.

thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Carrie from Netherlands | May. 25, 2016 22:39
Al, considering your situation, maybe you can apply for a work Z type for the internship. If you are in PRC currently, you can try to convert X type to work Z type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB. But if it cannot be changed, you can go back to your home country to re-apply for an X type to do the internship.
Related Questions:
Hello, I am looking for information about X2 visa
Asked by Alejandra from Colombia
| May. 23, 2016 22:28
Flight Shanghai - Tokyo - Seoul - Shanghai Vienna
Asked by Lukas from Austria
| Dec. 01, 2013 02:04
Multiple entry L visa for student
Asked by Toya from United Kingdom
| Jul. 18, 2016 03:28
Can I change/get a multiple entry visa from my current X2 single entry?
Asked by Tom from United Kingdom
| Oct. 22, 2013 02:14
I have come in China with a 1year M visa.
Asked by Sanjay from India
| Jul. 04, 2015 01:50
X1 Visa for 180 days...
Asked by Micha from China
| Oct. 25, 2017 20:00
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)