Asked by Rita from Portugal | Apr. 08, 2016 17:11
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

Marry and work?

Hi! So I will be marrying my chinese fiance and we plan on moving together to a new house in his hometown, Shanghai. I'm still living in Europe for now, but after the wedding the idea would be for us to live and construct a family together there. So if I ask for a Residence Permit for me to live with him in PRC, I cannot work? If so, which would be appropriate visa for living in PRC with my future husband and being able to work or study if I ever want to someday?

Answers (1)
Answered by Miguel from Mexico | Apr. 09, 2016 01:03
After you two get married, if you apply for a spouse Q1 type to enter PRC and stay there, but you are not allowed to work with Q type.
If you want to work or study, you can apply for work Z type or study X1 type to enter PRC, and then you can apply for the temporary residence permit to work or study in PRC. And you can also live with your future husband.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)