Asked by Ruisha from Canada | Mar. 30, 2016 16:15
About:China Work Visa

Getting a Working VISA before or after arrival

I have 2 years of work experience and plan to move to Shanghai, China to find work. I am in the finance sector and my parents live in Shanghai already. In order to receive the working Z type, would I need to be employed by a PRC employer before entering PRC or I can start searching for work during my stay in PRC and then apply for a work Z type?

Kind regards

Answers (1)
Answered by Candy from Singapore | Mar. 31, 2016 04:36
Ruisha, you can either be employed before entering or enter first and then search for a job there. For the latter situation, if your parents live for a long term in Shanghai, you can apply for a Q1 or S1 type entry permit and then enter on it. Then after you get a job, you can convert your Q1 or S1 to a Z type. If you fail to do that, you may go to HK to apply for the Z type.
Related Questions:
Do they have office hours for getting "visa on arrival" at Lo Wu?
Asked by Amelia from
| Nov. 08, 2011 00:32
Can Srilankan do visa on arrival in Macau & hongkong? Do i need to take it...
Asked by Ahmad from Sri Lanka
| Mar. 10, 2016 20:58
can I apply for Hongkong visa in Phuket Thailand as Im working here at the ...
Asked by Ruby from Vietnam
| Feb. 17, 2014 21:32
I am having Pakistani Passport with Valid USA B1/B2 Visa and Hong Kong Visi...
Asked by Soulat Khan from Pakistan
| Aug. 04, 2012 04:33
My sisiter was in China but her visa expired, she plan to apply for work pe...
Asked by mhay from Philippines
| Jan. 20, 2015 01:25
What are the requirements in getting working visa? My employer asked me to ...
Asked by edelyn javier from philippines
| Mar. 09, 2015 04:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)