Asked by Shaoji from France | Mar. 04, 2016 23:15
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Transit in Guangzhou by train from Hongkong?

Hi, I am French and I have a round trip flight ticket from Cambodia to Guangzhou for a week. At the end of my stay in Guangzhou I want to go to Hongkong by train, then come back to Guangzhou by train to catch my return flight to Cambodia. Can I use either the 72h transit visa or the 24 h free transit when I return to Guangzhou by train? Where should I apply for it?

Answers (1)
Answered by Bob from Belgium | Mar. 05, 2016 00:24
Hello friend, you cannot use the 72 hour free transit because it’s only applicable to those by flight.
But if your layover time in Guangzhou is not over 24 hours, you can use the 24 hour direct transit. When you get off the train, you should go to the immigration inspection office and apply for it.
Related Questions:
is there train connect from hongkong to guangzhou?
Asked by pukhraj from India
| May. 03, 2016 22:20
Is there business class for train from guangzhou to hongkong?
Asked by Serene from Singapore
| Dec. 14, 2013 00:45
I'm planning to visit Guangzhou by train from HongKong and return by flight...
Asked by Saj from Australia
| May. 08, 2018 02:03
Malaysian travel from hongkong to a day trip in guangzhou
| Nov. 24, 2014 00:39
Can I pickup (collect) an ticket at Hongkong railway station?
Asked by Jiri Koutensky from Czech Republic
| Nov. 22, 2016 20:08
Australian passport, try to visit Guangzhou for 2 days from Hongkong by tr...
Asked by Chi Vinh Ly from Astralia
| Dec. 10, 2016 21:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)