Asked by Mandi from US | Mar. 02, 2016 09:58
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ


I will be flying from Hong Kong to Shanghai, taking the train to Nanjing and then flying back to Hong Kong within three days. Am I eligible for a transit visa?

Answers (2)
Answered by Barry from USA | Mar. 03, 2016 01:02
Mandi, I'm afraid not. You leave from HK and then get back to HK, actually this is not considered as a valid transit route.
Answered by Mandi from USA | Mar. 03, 2016 05:07
Thanks, I am flying out of HKG later that night, but it's on a separate ticket. Oh, well, gotta go through the whole thing now!
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)