Asked by Jessi Wong from China | Feb. 28, 2016 20:58
About:China Embassy in Japan

Australian Living in Shanghai wanting to Apply Visa in Japan

I'm an Australian been studying/working in Shanghai for a few months now on a M type. It's about to expire in a few weeks and was wondering if it's an option to go to Japan and apply for a student X type for 90 days? Which is more acceptable 30 days or 90 days? Do you have to be either Chinese or Japanese? As many details as possible would be great help. Thanks!

Answers (1)
Answered by Michael from Italy | Feb. 29, 2016 20:36
Jessi, if you want to apply for a student X type, you need to find a school in PRC to enroll you first. And then you can get the admission letter from the school. You can apply for a student X 2 type which allows you to study in PRC for less than 180 days.

The applicant doesn’t have to be Chinese or Japanese. As long as the applicant can provide valid entry permit to Japan, he/she can apply from there.
Related Questions:
I am going to hongkong for 5 days. Do i need any sort of visa?
Asked by Claire from Australia
| Jan. 07, 2013 00:41
UK on an Australian Working Holiday Visa
Asked by Victoria Gadd from Australia
| Apr. 08, 2016 01:10
Mexican living in Japan wanting to go China. Is it possible to get a visa f...
Asked by Francisco from Mexico
| Aug. 14, 2014 01:15
im australian living in dubai, wanting to travel to china for 5 days, do i ...
Asked by beau from UAE
| Sep. 15, 2014 22:48
I'm an Australian citizen living in Sydney wanting to travel to China, wher...
Asked by Simon from Australia
| May. 11, 2017 20:37
Visa for Conference in Shanghai
Asked by Greg A
| May. 15, 2012 21:38
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)