Asked by Daryl from Russia | Feb. 24, 2016 09:17
About:China Visa

Is transit visa needed? If so, Do I need to apply in advance or on arrival?

Hello, a Russian National having a flight from Rome to Shanghai then to Manila, the stopover in shanghai is approximately 9hrs, and would like to get out of the airport and go sightseeing while waiting. Should I apply for 24hr direct transit/temporary stay permit? And if so, do I do it on arrival at the shanghai airport or do I do it in advance? Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Cindy from Austria | Feb. 24, 2016 21:28
You don’t need any entry permit because you qualify for the 24 hour direct transit. You can handle the relevant procedures upon arrival in Shanghai. Because you want to leave the airport, you need to apply for a temporary stay permit at the airport and then go out for sightseeing in the city. Noting need to be done in advance.
Related Questions:
I am a bangladesh citizen and i need to travel through hongkong to fiji so ...
Asked by rrr from Malaysia
| Sep. 22, 2015 21:41
Will i recieve a 24hr transit visa on arrival at beijing or do i need to a...
Asked by Ije from Nigeria
| Apr. 25, 2018 01:52
How do apply for free visa?
Asked by Laura McCosh from United kingdom
| May. 16, 2013 03:13
I'm Pakistani passport holder and traveling to manila via Beijing. Got 11 h...
Asked by Danyal Ahmed from Pakistan
| Feb. 19, 2017 20:51
I have a Jamaican passport, US green card. Do I need a visa for Macau? If s...
Asked by Ms.Ally from Jamaica
| Mar. 14, 2011 22:01
I have Indian Passport. Flight CZ 3062 CAN (Baiyun, Guangzhou) 12 hrs trans...
Asked by Nutan Prasad from India
| Jan. 21, 2017 20:09
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)