Asked by Tom from China | Jan. 29, 2016 01:11
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

Uncooperative former employer

I am about to start a new job in China. Problem is that my old employer is uncooperative, and won't give me a letter of recommendation or proof of cancellation of expert certificate.
I'd like to know:
1. Can I still start a new job here, even without these documents?
2. Can I cancel my FEC myself, just taking my passport?
3. Should I just let my residence permit expire and start anew.
4. Someone told me, that the temporary residence permit is also my work permit, and as it is not cancelled I still have my work permit. If this is true, can I cancel it by myself?

Answers (1)
Answered by Josh from Norway | Feb. 02, 2016 19:18
Dear, I’m afraid you may not start a new job without the proof of cancellation of expert certificate. As for the recommendation letter, it’s not that necessary. But the release letter from your former employer is a must.

Usually, it should be your previous employer who cancels your FEC for you.

The temporary residence permit is not your work permit. Your work permit here refers to the FEC. So you cannot cancel it by yourself. If your FEC expires, you can apply for a new one and then just renew your residence permit to continue to work in PRC. If your FEC expiry date is earlier than your residence permit, you can wait till the FEC expires and apply for a new work permit and then renew the residence permit.
Related Questions:
I am currently under a lot of stress due to work related issues since 2013 ...
Asked by sindi from USA
| Mar. 19, 2014 03:22
I worked in China until end-February of 2011. I have received invitation fr...
Asked by Mr.David Blank from Israel
| Mar. 28, 2011 04:11
Is it possible that my application for z visa will be denied even i have al...
Asked by Jack from Philippines
| Dec. 30, 2013 21:46
Former employer refuses to cancel work permit and give release letter
Asked by Sam from United Kingdom
| Dec. 04, 2017 00:27
I am born in the year of monkey. I have work problem dealing with few male ...
Asked by Diane
| Apr. 11, 2013 03:54
Work Permit & Residence Permit
Asked by Lucas from Australia
| Apr. 04, 2015 01:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)