Asked by RiAnn from Costa Rica | Jan. 26, 2016 21:55
About:China Embassy in Costa Rica

Moving to China and need a Z visa

My family (husband & 2 kids) are moving to Shanghai in July for jobs. We are being requested to apply for our Z types, but not sure how or the length of time it takes. We have lived in PRC previously (2011-2014) and were previously granted Z types for entry and then our resident permits for the 3 years.

We are US citizens, living & working in Costa Rica. We all have our CR residency, which expires in July. We will leave C.R. at the end of June to return to the States for a brief time before hopefully heading to PRC. What is the best way to go about applying for the Z type? What is the approximate cost?

Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Julia from Ireland | Jan. 27, 2016 18:54
Dear, I think you should apply for work Z type in Costa Rica and it usually takes 5 working days to process your application. It charges 84,000 Colons. The first thing is to prepare the required documents including the passport and copy of its data page, the completed application form attached with a passport-sized color photo, the CR residency permit, work permit and an invitation letter from a duly authorized unit in PRC. Your future employer will get you the work permit and invitation letter.

As for your kids, they can apply for family S1 type and you can ask the employer to add your kids’ manes on the invitation letter. In this way, they need to provide the passport and its copy, the completed application form with a passport-sized color photo, the birth certificate and the invitation letter to apply for S1 type.

Please note that after you get the work Z type or S1 type and enter PRC, you need to apply for the residence permit at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB within 30 days.

You mentioned that you will go back to USA for a while. So you can also apply for it in USA. It only takes 4 working days and costs USD140.
Related Questions:
We are moving to China to March to work (we need a Z visa). We are current...
Asked by Ms.Hopkins from United Kingdom
| Nov. 12, 2009 21:11
Bringing I a foreign Domestic Helper
Asked by BMart from UAE
| Aug. 29, 2016 22:22
British National Obtaining Chinese Work Visa in Hong Kong
Asked by Amy from United Kingdom
| Jan. 11, 2015 00:59
ARC needed?
Asked by Sharron from South Korea
| May. 03, 2015 01:48
Hello, I am moving to Shanghai and would like my Iranian husband to join
Asked by Isabella from Italy
| May. 23, 2018 22:05
Working Z Visa
Asked by Valiha from Egypt
| May. 24, 2012 01:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)