Asked by Dave from UK | Jan. 05, 2016 07:00
About:China Work Visa

M visa to Z type one

I currently have a M business type entry permit and have just started a new job. My employer wants me to get a work permit and will assist in every way. As I understand it, I need to get a Z type first of all, and then apply for my work permit when I enter China. I am a UK citizen so do I need to return to the UK to apply for my Z type or is this something that I can do in PRC or even Hong Kong?

Answers (1)
Answered by Edward from France | Jan. 05, 2016 21:04
Dave, actually, your employer should first get the work permit and invitation letter from a duly authorized unit for you. And then you are able to apply for Z type.
Because you have an M type currently, you can try to change M type to Z type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB. Or you can try to apply for a Z type in HK. But if it cannot work, I’m afraid you need to go back and apply for work Z type.
Related Questions:
Can you change a m viza to a z type?
Asked by Martin from Australia
| Mar. 18, 2016 21:51
obtaining Z visa in China
Asked by Ensabarnur from Jamaica
| May. 30, 2016 03:03
Hi, if one wants to settle in china then start a business, which visa is ap...
Asked by Mello from Australia
| Feb. 08, 2018 00:35
apply for a new work visa, the original business M type not used yet?
Asked by usama zawahreh from Jordan
| Feb. 18, 2016 02:44
can I change m type to z type sir? i am also coming here . I want to work h...
Asked by umesh from nepal
| Sep. 01, 2017 03:55
I was wondering if you could work legally with a M visa for a temporary job...
Asked by C.S. from Belgium
| Jun. 29, 2015 22:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)