Asked by mary from USA | Dec. 30, 2015 08:55
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Proof of transit visa prior to flight to China

I want to fly from Manila to Guangzhou with airline A then within 72hr fly from Guangzhou to Kuala Lumpur with airline B. My understanding is that it is okay to enter and exit using different airlines and I can get the transit permit when I get to CAN airport. No prior arrangements necessary. However if airline A requests to see a Chinese entry permit before they let me on the airplane, what document can I show to prove I can get the transit permit when I arrive? I ask this because I had this specific problem with Cebu Air and they insisted on seeing an entry permit before allowing me on the flight, which I did not have and they refused my boarding. Obviously I will use another airline next time.

Answers (1)
Answered by Lulu from China | Dec. 30, 2015 21:53
Mary, you can download relevant information about the 72 hour free transit policy and print it, and then show it to the airline. As far as I know, someone has done that before and succeeded. You can give it a shot.
Related Questions:
Transit in Beijing for a 28 hour layover
Asked by Austin from Canada
| Feb. 03, 2013 20:35
So if arriving into Beijing I can only request this visa at the airport onc...
Asked by Barbara from Australia
| Nov. 20, 2017 19:58
Do I have to book my flight prior to applying for Z visa?
Asked by Ms.Jessica from USA
| Jul. 22, 2009 20:40
Will I need a visa?
Asked by Leigh from United States
| Sep. 17, 2013 04:57
Regarding 72 hour transit at Shanghai (Tokyo - Shanghai - London)
Asked by Connor from United Kingdom
| Dec. 02, 2016 21:40
Do I need to apply for transit visa to china before my flight?
Asked by Krishna from Canada
| Jul. 23, 2018 23:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)