Asked by Mark from United Kingdom | Dec. 06, 2015 15:12
About:Marriage Registration in China

Getting married in China need help

Hello all I'm from England and a bit lost I emailed British Consulate General in charge Guangzhou China they don't want a single certificate this is what I got in a email from them. For the appointment of Swearing an Affirmation/Affidavit of Marital Status in our office, here is the full list of documents you will need to bring for yourself:

1. completed Affirmation of Marital Status form or Affidavit of Marital Status form
2. your original passport
3. (if previously divorced) proof of your divorce – the Decree Absolute certifying that your divorce is final
4. (if widowed) your former spouse’s death certificate
5. 570 RMB for the affirmation/affidavit fee, payable by cash or card

You will also need the following documents from your partner:
6. Chinese ID card and/or Hukou (if marrying a Chinese national) OR
7. original passport (if marrying any other foreign national)
8. (if your partner is divorced/widowed) evidence that your partner is divorced/widowed

If you have changed your name before and thus the name on your divorce paper is different from your passport, please bring the proof of name change too.

All documents must be submitted in the original – please do not bring photocopies, we can only accept the originals.

We don't require the above documents to be legalised for the service of Swearing an Affirmation/Affidavit of Marital Status, but please let your fiancée check with her local marriage office whether they have this requirement for registering the marriage there.

You can make an appointment in advance by searching for “British Consulate General Guangzhou

Answers (1)
Answered by Macbeth from South Africa | Dec. 06, 2015 21:48
Dear, if you want to register your marriage at the British consulate general, the above-mentioned documents are enough.
The single status certificate is needed if you plan to register in the civil affairs bureau of PRC. If the consulate doesn't require it, you don't need to provide.
Related Questions:
Hi i want to know if i can travel i am 5mos pregnant
Asked by dianne from Philippines
| Apr. 11, 2016 21:06
i relocated to Hk in 2 months,getting married and do i need a visa for visi...
Asked by Mervan from South Africa
| Jun. 30, 2013 03:47
what are the requirements when you are getting married in china? need ur re...
Asked by jen
| Dec. 30, 2014 00:20
what documents i need for getting married in China
Asked by Diane B Roxas from Philippines
| Oct. 31, 2016 22:02
Hi, I am A Filipino citizen working as a live-in caregiver in Canada. I am ...
Asked by Mr.MS. URGENT from Philippines
| Mar. 06, 2011 02:28
Getting married April 4 2015 is this a good date
Asked by Aj from USA
| Apr. 04, 2015 19:16
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)