Asked by Uyen from Vietnam | Nov. 26, 2015 08:30
About:China Embassy in Nepal

get Chinese visa from Nepal for Vietnamese passport

Hello there!

I'm from Vietnam. I gonna travel mainland China for a month. Then, I realized that the staying duration for Vietnamese had been changed from 30 days to 15 days :( Therefore, I change my destination to Nepal then Tibet then other places (make sure that I will not overstay).

According to my research, I don't have to apply in my country if I come from Nepal and visit Tibet with a tour. How long for my staying duration in mainland if I get a one in Nepal as Vietnamese? (30 or 15). Does it count the days I'm in Tibet? Is the Group Travel Permit valid anymore? (cause I'm a solo traveler).

Answers (1)
Answered by Sally from Italy | Nov. 27, 2015 03:02
First, I think you made a big mistake. The days you'll stay in Tibet is also included in your tourist L type. Suppose you only have 15 days duration of stay, you should visit Tibet and other places in 15 days.

In order to travel to Tibet, you should get a travel permit first. Usually, qualified Chinese tour agents can help you get it. But they don't get it for you if you do not join their tour.

If you to Nepal first, then you should ask the tour agent to send you the travel permit and then apply for the tourist type from Chinese embassy there. As for duration of stay, it's totally up to the consular officers. Nobody can ensure that you will get longer duration of stay in Nepal.
Related Questions:
I want to go hong kong so how can i get tour visa..
Asked by Sang from Nepal
| Jul. 18, 2016 21:28
Is a Double Entry Chinese Visa ok for my trip: Tibet to Nepal to Beijing?
Asked by Dawn from Japan
| Aug. 05, 2011 22:12
how many days to get visa from Chinese embassy in nepal
Asked by raju sunar from Nepal
| Feb. 15, 2016 21:32
One more question, I hold Vietnamese Passport, I travel to Macau by bus fro...
Asked by Mr.Trung from Vietnam
| Nov. 06, 2009 20:49
Vietnamese traveling from Singapore to Korea
Asked by Ly Lee from Vietnam
| Mar. 22, 2013 01:37
hi, i am travelling to china and have a vietnamese girlfriend who i wish to...
Asked by Mr.Gary from Canada
| Dec. 18, 2010 01:28
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)