Asked by Sue from Australia | Nov. 16, 2015 21:34
About:China Visa on Arrival

72 Hour Transit Visa, do I need to do something in advance?

Hi there,

I will be arriving in Shanghai on 30th December from Sydney at 6.30pm and then on December 31st i leave at 11am for London. I am an Australian passport holder. Do i qualify for the 72 hr free transit and outside of letting the airline in Sydney know i will be transiting is there anything else i need to do? I'm not sure if they will issue me the ticket from Sydney all the way through to London but i do have my booking confirmation i can print out from the Airline to show them at Shanghai airport that shows all the legs of the journey.

Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Anita from USA | Nov. 17, 2015 02:34
Sue, as you transit for less than 24 hours, you should use the 24-hour direct transit policy and you don't need to do anything in advance. Just ensure that you can get a confirmed onward ticket before you arrive.
Related Questions:
Round trip from SFO-PEK for a week then within that week round trip from PE...
Asked by Teerakorn Pongpipat from United States
| Jan. 29, 2018 00:41
I'm transiting from Canada to India stopping in China next flight is 4 hour...
Asked by Omid from Canada
| Jun. 12, 2018 04:15
Do you need to apply in advance for the 72 hour transit visa or do you appl...
Asked by uk from uk
| Jul. 15, 2015 00:51
If I travel by train from Hong Kong to Guangzhou, stay one night and then f...
Asked by Kiri from Australia
| Jan. 17, 2014 02:23
72 hour transit, staying at friend's house, OK?
Asked by Peter from Australia
| Nov. 09, 2017 03:31
I am going to Guangzhou for 3 days from New Zealand and going on to Bangkok...
Asked by Tracy from New Zealand
| Oct. 19, 2015 01:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)