Asked by JP from China | Nov. 10, 2015 22:17
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

Work Permit and Residence Permit to new company

Soon my current employer will provide me with a cancellation document and release letter for my Alien Work Permit (red book). My residence permit is still valid until June 2016.

My prospective employer is prepared to facilitate the application for a new work permit. Aside from the usual documents required, what can I do to assist this process along (i.e. bring the docs to the PSB)? Also, is there an application document needed?

With respect to my Residence Permit, what must my prospective employer do?


Answers (1)
Answered by Sunny from USA | Nov. 11, 2015 20:33
If your prospective employer applies for you, you don’t need to bring the documents to the PSB. The following materials are required to apply for the work permit: Registration Form for the Foreigner’s Employment in PRC, written application report for foreign employment, release letter issued by the previous company, the original copy and photocopy of the academic certificate, original copy of Employment Permit, relevant qualification certificate for foreign employment, photocopy of Labor Contract signed with new company, original copy and photocopy of valid passport, original copy and photocopy of the Business License for enterprise’s legal person of the new company.
As for the residence permit, your employer need to provide photocopy of the Business License and a letter, and you should go to the Exit and Entry Administration of the PSB to apply for it.
Related Questions:
Hello I have a Residence Permit valid until March 2018...
Asked by Augusto José from Portugal
| Jan. 05, 2018 02:39
Hi there, currently i live in China and holder of a Temporary residet permi...
Asked by Bora from Turkey
| Feb. 07, 2017 20:54
Expried Existing Z visa holder wants to get work permit from new company
| Sep. 22, 2014 02:48
Canceled residence visa and company applying for new work permit
Asked by Sushil Lamba from India
| Sep. 07, 2016 20:39
How to transfer work permit
Asked by Deni from PJ Beijing
| Aug. 15, 2014 01:15
will I need to apply Z-visa, leave-the-country-process to do this? Or can ...
Asked by Kar from U.S.
| May. 05, 2015 00:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)