Asked by Benjamin from India | Nov. 09, 2015 03:27
About:Chinese Permanent Residence Permit

Need China citizenship. .

Hey, Good day.. I am Ben from india. I am having Chinese girlfriend from maoming. What are the procedures to marry her and how I can get citizenship. Pls help me out.

Thank u.

Answers (4)
Answered by Jason from USA | Nov. 10, 2015 01:44
Benjamin, do you plan to get married in PRC? If yes, you need to prepare a visa for PRC, your passport, and a notarized and authenticated single-status certificate. Your girlfriend needs to prepare her household registration book, ID card and also a single-status certificate. After the documents are ready, you both can take them to the Civil Affairs Bureau in Maoming and register your marriage.

As you are just planning to marry your gf, I'm afraid it's impossible to get the citizenship. Even though you have married her for a long time, it's very hard to get it. As far as I know, only five or six thousand foreingers have got PRC citizenship.
Answered by Benjamin from India | Nov. 11, 2015 08:19
Thank you for ur reply jason.. if I can't get citizenship then what's are the other possible ways to live with my girlfriend in PRC
Answered by Jason from USA | Nov. 12, 2015 03:06
After you get married, you can apply for a Q1 type and get a temporary stay permit at PRC. Then you can live a relatively long time there.
Answered by Benjamin from India | Nov. 14, 2015 04:08
Thanks a lot jason..
Related Questions:
I am a person with Dual citizenship (Dutch and Colombian) do I need Visa to...
Asked by Pvargas from Aruba
| Jan. 21, 2014 20:24
I have dual citizenship
Asked by Antonieta Tola from USA
| Jan. 23, 2017 19:29
I know I need to bring a valid passport plus my Citizenship Card to get a t...
Asked by Ms.NeedHelp from Canada
| Mar. 02, 2011 20:38
Do I need to apply China visa if I am a Canadian with dual citizenship of H...
Asked by Kenneth
| Oct. 09, 2012 02:37
work visa for foreign spouse of Chinese national
Asked by mj from USA
| Mar. 15, 2013 03:10
Hello! I have Japanese citizenship and want to go to Shanghai for 5 days...
Asked by Ms.Sonja Wanner Suzuki from Japan
| May. 19, 2010 02:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)