Asked by sonja from United States | Oct. 29, 2015 14:44
About:Entry Regulations of China

Getting a Visa in a third country

My husband and I are planning to travel throughout Asia and Southeast Asia from the US in the coming year. Is it possible to get a Chinese Visa in a third country or do we need to get that in the US before we start our trip?

Answers (1)
Answered by Sandy from Denmark | Oct. 29, 2015 20:44
Sonja, a single entry Chinese tourist type is usually valid for 3 months. If you can enter before it expires, then you'd better apply one from Chinese consulate in your country. By the way, you can try to apply for a 10 years L type. The requirements are the same. If you got this one, you needn't be bothered by visa issues.

If you don't have time, you can try to apply from the third country. To my knowledge, US people still can apply from Chinese embassy in Thailand.
Related Questions:
Hi I have a dutch paspoort and I'm staying in UAE with a tourist visa, is i...
Asked by Mohamed from Holland
| Feb. 06, 2014 00:07
if i fly for shanghai on a 72 hours visa ( now 144 hours ) can i leave for ...
Asked by ksn from denamrk
| Feb. 23, 2016 03:36
is it possible to apply for a z visa in a third country?
Asked by CHRISTOPHE from Burundi
| Mar. 29, 2018 21:42
Will be I be allowed the 72-hour transit visa if I fly from Hong Kong - Bei...
Asked by Leah Jerome from Hong Kong
| Apr. 24, 2014 04:12
If you want to visit Beijing for 48 hours, are you required a visa?
Asked by Joanna from USA
| Nov. 21, 2016 20:46
Need Visa?
Asked by USTraveler from USA
| Nov. 15, 2017 16:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)