Asked by Chow from Malaysia | Oct. 21, 2015 02:03
About:Visa Policy of China

visa application for child below 18 travelling to China without his parents

I am a malaysian & plan to take my 15 year old nephew (of nationality Malaysian & holding his own Malaysian passport, born in New Zealand & legally a permanent resident of New Zealand) for a visit to Guangzhou & our ancestral village in Guangdong province. After the visit, we will take the train to Hong Kong, spend a few days there & fly from Hong Kong back to Malaysia. Should my nephew apply for his entry permit in the PRC Embassy in Auckland or in Malaysia? Does a child below 18 need his parents ( family residing in Auckland as NZ permanent residents ) to apply for his entry permit? If yes, please advise documentation & if he has to apply in Auckland as his parents are not in Malaysia. My nephew will fly from Auckland to Kuala Lumpur & our journey starts from Kuala Lumpur. I have purchased air tickets from Kuala Lumpur to Guangzhou & from Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur. Is that sufficient proof of leaving PRC after our visit? Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Edward from USA | Oct. 22, 2015 03:13
Hi, Chow, he can apply from the consulate in Auckland. The application can be done by his parents or someone else on his behalf. The documents needed include his passport, a copy of the passport's photo page, an application form, a recent photo, the original and photocopy of his residence card, a copy of both parents' passports, an authorization letter signed by both parents, round-trip tickets and hotel reservations. If you plan to stay at the village, you can get an invitation letter form someone you know there so that the hotel reservations and flight tickets are not required. If your nephew applies from Auckland, he may be required to submit the ticket from New Zealand to KL and to Guangzhou.

I personally think the return ticket from HK to KL is sufficient proof for your leaving.
Related Questions:
Minor - Visa query
Asked by Honey from London
| Jun. 24, 2018 22:38
Minor travelling to china without parents (who are divorced)
Asked by Hannah Wright from United Kingdom
| Mar. 09, 2017 20:48
My family are looking at travelling to China for a holiday and one of my so...
Asked by Darren from United Arab Emirates
| Jul. 06, 2011 04:18
Does the child have to go in person with her parent(s) to apply for travel ...
Asked by Tang from USA
| Feb. 05, 2017 21:01
how to apply for travel document to go to China for 3 year old?
Asked by charlene from USA
| Apr. 06, 2017 21:39
HK Application matter
Asked by Jennie Yap from Singapore
| Sep. 04, 2012 01:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)