Asked by Ajith from Sri Lanka | Oct. 14, 2015 08:56
About:Hong Kong Visa Application

I have 2 hours transit in Hong Kong. Do I need to get a transit visa?

Hi I'm Sri lankan passport holder studying in Main land China. I have 5-year student resident permit in Main land. I'm hoping to travel back to Sri lanka for the next winter holidays & I'm planing to buy Cathay Pasific flight ticket. But it has about 2 hours transit in Hong Kong. So I want to know Do I want to get HK transit permit?

Answers (1)
Answered by Roberta from Iceland | Oct. 16, 2015 02:30
Ajith, as the rule goes, you need the entry permit for HK even though you are just in transit. However, I heard that if you take the plane of Cathay Pacific Airline, you don't need the transit permit. I advise you to confirm this with the airline staff and HK Immigration Department.
Related Questions:
I have a 2 hours transit in Hong Kong and I don't change my transit at all....
Asked by Nuwan Gunasekara from Sri Lanka
| Jul. 09, 2014 02:55
72 hrs stay in Beijing
Asked by Jo from UK
| Mar. 25, 2017 17:11
I am visiting Shanghai. If I need to stay 2 hours transit in Hong Kong do I...
Asked by Lokesh from Nepal
| Mar. 30, 2016 22:43
Hi! I am going to have 2 hours transit in Hong kong (from US to Cambodia), ...
Asked by Sophoanreak Kov from Cambodia
| Mar. 19, 2014 05:00
I'm Vietnamese citizen, I'm going to Australia, I will transit Hong kong fo...
Asked by Mr.Jo from Vietnam
| Mar. 23, 2011 03:36
What if I need to stay for less than 72 hours?
Asked by Liza from United Kingdom
| Mar. 08, 2015 01:14
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)