Asked by Johnny from China | Sep. 20, 2015 01:19
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

rec letter required after previous Residence Permit is canceled?

I'm in Suzhou. I got terminated by a school, though they want me to sign a resignation letter. I haven't signed anything. But let's suppose the Foreign Expert Certificate and Residence Permit are canceled shortly. I find another school that wants to hire me, either when I am on a 30 day stay permit, or on a tourist visa after exiting/re-entering.

Can a new foreign expert certificate be issued to me without the recommendation letter from the previous school?

If the answer is no, are there any exceptions to this? Is a recommendation letter from a different previous Chinese employer acceptable?

What if I won a settlement or a labor arbitration hearing for illegal termination or other violations of my contract and/or contract law?

It doesn't seem reasonable that one company could determine a person's ability to work in China for the rest of eternity.

Answers (1)
Answered by Iris from USA | Sep. 21, 2015 02:43
Johnny, the reccomendation letter from your previous employer is not necessary, but you may need to get a release letter from the employer. If you can win the labor arbitration hearing, you may provide the verdict to take place of the release letter.
Related Questions:
to change employer, release and rec letters required? old permit not cancel...
Asked by Johnny from China
| Sep. 06, 2015 03:45
Is the school required to supply a Release Letter to the teacher as they ar...
Asked by Ozteach from Australia
| Mar. 15, 2015 04:02
Can stay permit be converted back to residence permit?
Asked by John from China
| Nov. 06, 2015 21:12
Will he get Q1 again if apply ?
Asked by Ali khan from India
| May. 29, 2018 01:53
I want to live in China after retirement what type of visa is required
Asked by Riaz Ahmad from Pakistan
| Apr. 27, 2016 21:48
I had a temporary residence permit that expired last month in Shenzhen. No ...
Asked by Mr.J from USA
| Aug. 23, 2010 05:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)