Asked by saptarshi banerjee from India | Sep. 19, 2015 15:25
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

need for a transit visa

i am an indian citizen holding indian passport will be travelling from kolkata to vancouver via kumming ,shanghai and my transit time is around 27 hours in china .I do not wish to leave the airport and wish to stay within the airport ,i need to know do i require a transit permit?
as i am very short of time and only have 10 days in hand to apply for the entry permit for PRC

Answers (1)
Answered by Martina from United Kingdom | Sep. 21, 2015 03:45
It's possible that you may take advantage of the 24-hour direct transfer policy. Note that the 24 hours start from 00:00 of the following day after you arrive, so actually there is leeway.
Related Questions:
I have a 7 hr stop in Peking flying LAX to Singapore. What happens if my f...
Asked by Beth Denis from USA
| Sep. 20, 2013 01:22
i am going to United States with a 24HOUR stop-over at beijing china, with ...
Asked by jennings from Philippines
| Dec. 21, 2014 23:42
I have a US passport and I have 5 hours stop in CAN Airport. In Route to I...
Asked by EDUARDO ARANA from United States
| Oct. 12, 2015 20:50
Connecting flight from Christchurch to PHILS. stop over guangzhou for 14:30...
Asked by Shyrel salomon from New Zealand
| Dec. 10, 2015 01:16
Please im travelling to Hong Kong but will be transiting in Shanghai for a ...
Asked by julie from Nigeria
| Aug. 28, 2016 22:05
I am traveling from Japan to England. I have to stop at Shanghai for my nex...
Asked by Guest from England
| Oct. 31, 2016 22:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)