Asked by Peter from USA | Sep. 12, 2015 13:55
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Visa Documentation Requirements for Shanghai

My wife is a naturalized US citizen born in Hong Kong. She has a US passport. The travel agent says that because she was born in Hong Kong my wife needs to provide a copy of her birth certificate in order to get the entry permit to Shanghai. Unfortunately, that has been lost and is not available. Is there anything else that she can provide documentation wise?

Answers (1)
Answered by Galvin from Canada | Sep. 14, 2015 02:08
Peter, does your wife have an HK passport or PRC passport? If she has one, she can submit the original and a photocopy of the passport so that she doesn't need to provide the birth certificate. In fact, if she holds valid HK passport, she can apply for a PRC travel document instead of the visa.
Related Questions:
I am a Bangladeshi want to attend a semiar in Hongkong. What are the proced...
Asked by Imran from Bangladesh
| Nov. 07, 2013 02:36
Is it possible to get a 3-year multiple entry visa?
Asked by Graham Smith from Australia
| Nov. 18, 2012 20:11
As a parent needing to obtain a Visa for my child
Asked by Crystala from USA
| Feb. 10, 2017 20:28
Entry Visas for attendance at a conference in Shanghai
Asked by Luke from Canada
| Apr. 14, 2015 22:20
I'm trying to apply for Z-VISA of China in Mumbai, India. As a part of do...
Asked by Mr.Babu from India
| Sep. 11, 2010 01:02
I'm a Saudi citizen. What are the visa requirements for Shanghai?
Asked by Guest from Saudi Arabia
| Dec. 31, 2014 02:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)