Asked by Sunil from India | Sep. 08, 2015 13:10
About:Chinese Embassy in India

I have taken a single entry permit on 2-9-2015.

Now I have renewed my passport on 8/9/2015 and the old passport is cancelled on which I have taken a visa .is my previous entry permit on old passport is valid for entering prc with my new passport or I need to apply for fresh one on new passport or my earlier one is transferable on my new passport ?

Answers (1)
Answered by Alston from Canada | Sep. 08, 2015 21:45
Sunil, you had better apply for a new entry permit with the new passport to avoid risks. The immigration offices hold ambiguous attitude toward this issue. Some say you can enter with both passports while some say you must get a new entry permit once your passport is renewed.
Related Questions:
I have UAE residence permit for 2 months now, is it possible for me to appl...
Asked by sharijoy from UAE
| Jun. 07, 2016 20:36
HK 45 days visa Single Entry
Asked by Hilda from Phillipines
| May. 13, 2016 01:27
My wife and daughter have received a single entry visa for entry to China t...
Asked by Mr.Corcoran from Ireland
| Mar. 24, 2009 04:20
I would like to visit Beijing while I am in China. I have a Single entry vi...
Asked by Jassi Brishan from India
| Mar. 21, 2016 22:50
Greetings I am planning to go to Hong Kong this year in february. I will...
Asked by Mr.Enian from Albania
| Jan. 19, 2010 00:15
We are planning a trip to China in Sep and will be visiting Beijing/Xian/Lh...
Asked by Mr.Hansen from USA
| Jan. 15, 2011 01:30
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)