Asked by Jane Knox from USA | Aug. 30, 2015 17:03
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

Getting my Z type extended in Guilin, China - will they take my passport?

Hello, I am an American living in China to teach English for about five months. The company that hired me wants to take my passport and get my Z type extended for me, but I'm afraid to let them take it and would like to go. In the US, when you apply for a visa you have to send your passport you have to do that here or do I have to leave my passport with anyone? I'm terrified of leaving my passport in the hands of anyone. What do you think? Does anyone know anything about this?

Answers (1)
Answered by Virginia from Indonesia | Sep. 01, 2015 02:12
Hey, Jane, your passport is required for submission when you extend the Z type. If you don't want your company to keep your passport, you should apply for the extension by yourself.
Related Questions:
I am on a tourist visa but am working and have an apartment.
Asked by Frances from Canada
| Mar. 06, 2017 21:55
S2 visa enquiry
Asked by Anu from India
| Jul. 02, 2017 21:50
How early can a residence permit/Z visa be extended?
Asked by Tania from New Zealand
| Jun. 30, 2016 21:47
If changing from a student visa to a Z type, do i still need release papers...
Asked by Alex from China
| Jan. 22, 2016 21:55
flying to Toronto from Winnipeg
Asked by wes from Canada
| Sep. 16, 2015 21:57
I have a working visa and it will expire Jan, 6th, 2016.
Asked by Tony C from USA
| Dec. 12, 2015 01:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)