Asked by Yue Han from Australia | Aug. 25, 2015 22:01
About:Marriage Registration in China

Getting married in china I am Australia citizen

Hi I plan to marry my Chinese lady in Nanyang and after married will live in china as her parents have given us their farm to manage and her parents retire
What papers do I need to marry and stay in china

Answers (1)
Answered by Kelly from Australia | Aug. 27, 2015 01:23
To marry her, you need to get a valid passport, a single-status certificate in your country and a valid PRC visa (L or Q2 type). Remember that the single-status certificate should be notarized and authenticated at the Chinese embassy before you take it to China.

After you get married in PRC, you can change your L or Q2 to type to Q1 type and then apply for a residence permit with the Q1 at the local exit and entry adminsitration office.
Related Questions:
What is the longest multiple entry visa I can apply for?
| May. 06, 2015 02:27
How can I get a Family Visit Visa/Residence Permit for China?
Asked by J.Reyes
| Sep. 04, 2011 04:11
Can i apply for spouse visa here in Shanghai without my spouse or does she ...
Asked by John
| Aug. 31, 2013 04:42
getting married to chinese citizen, what would be a visa type i need to app...
Asked by sam from India
| Jan. 11, 2015 03:09
Where should I get a proof that I'm single, from Austalia where I'm living ...
Asked by Steve W. from Australia
| Sep. 28, 2011 22:28
I'm Australian Citizen and my wife is Chinese which type of visa need to ap...
Asked by Mrugesh Patel from Australia
| Feb. 10, 2016 11:25
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)