Asked by Sanjeev from India | Aug. 18, 2015 19:48
About:China Transit Visa

Is Transit Visa required to travel from SFO to CCU having total 24hours stopover divided in 2 days.

I am traveling from San Francisco to Calcutta having a 3Hr 30Min stopover at Shanghai and then 23Hr 15min stopover at Kunming the following day.So total layover in China airports is >24 hours but spread across 2 subsequent dates. Is Transit Permit required ?

Answers (1)
Answered by Jeff from USA | Aug. 19, 2015 22:07
Sanjeev, I don't think it's needed because you are eligible for the 24 hour free transit policy. Even though your total layover time is more than 24 hours, you can probably use it. The 24-hour periond is calculated from 00:00 of the following after your arrival in many cases. If you don't want to take risks, you can confirm this with the airline or the immigration office in advance.
Related Questions:
Need Separate Visa to stay overnight at Kunming(Indian citizen)
Asked by Susmita from India
| Aug. 19, 2015 21:12
Indian passport holder, my flight is from HONGKONG to India via Kunming. do...
Asked by Dr. Sujoy Kumar Jana from India
| Jul. 21, 2015 20:55
indian passport holder with two layovers in china(less than 24hrs including...
Asked by Venkat Indupalli from Canada
| Jun. 17, 2018 06:33
2 long layovers (13 & 14 hrs) in TAO & KMG - can i avail 72 hr transit visa...
Asked by Amit from USA
| Oct. 19, 2016 22:44
i need transit less than 24hour at shenzhen baoan int airport travelling to...
Asked by kt mok from Malaysia
| Nov. 13, 2013 01:33
Transiting through kumming, shanghai then japan
Asked by Melody from USA
| Oct. 30, 2017 01:10
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)