Asked by Misheel Moxiyele from China | Aug. 04, 2015 12:48
About:China Consulate in Chicago

Can I change my first name?

I am an Inner Mongolian student in Chicago. Because we don 't have Family name, when I apply passport. My first name went to my last name. And my first name is XXX on my passport. I will get marry soon. So I will follow my husband last name. My question is can I change name first name ?

Answers (1)
Answered by Daniel from United Kingdom | Aug. 05, 2015 04:14
Misheel, you can change your time. After your name is changed, you should add an endorsement on your passport for the name change. The following documents will be used: 1. an application form; 2. a passport-style photo taken within six months; 3. your passport and its photocopy; 4. original and photocopy of your residence permit in the US; 5. original and photocopy of official document related to the name change (green card, name change document from the court, household registration book, etc.); and 6. a photocopy of your family book (if you are born in China).
Related Questions:
Can I change my name or delete part of my name because I added my patronymi...
Asked by Pavel from Russia
| Apr. 26, 2016 19:43
hai, how i change my spelling of my name
Asked by siva subramaniam from India
| Nov. 07, 2016 18:11
my name is rakesh bilala , i am living in hongkong...... i see window of th...
Asked by Mr.rakesh bilala from hongkong
| Apr. 03, 2009 19:59
I can not enter the station names (departure and destination).
Asked by Jacek(from iphone) from Poland
| Jul. 10, 2014 20:47
US Passport & Taiwan expired passport
Asked by Pei from USA
| Mar. 27, 2014 01:58
Home Return Permit - Change of Name
Asked by Helena from United Kingdom
| Oct. 08, 2014 01:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)