Asked by Tori from USA | Jun. 29, 2015 04:27
About:China Visa

X Visa, presumably no residence permit yet, traveling within china?

Hi there,

My girlfriend has spotty internet so I'm asking for her. She's here on a study abroad program with an X type (duration of stay 000). She presumably doesn't have a residence permit and says their program hasn't taken them to register one with the police station yet. We had some trouble staying officially in a hotel because of this.

Can anyone clarify this restriction? We want to know if she can fly within China with no issues to visit other cities or if that requires the permit as well.

Answers (1)
Answered by Joyce from Indonesia | Jun. 30, 2015 02:38
Tori, the X type is only valid for 30 days after she arrives in China. After that, she has to get a temporary residence permit. Otherwise, she may overstay in China. Please start applying for the residence permit as soon as possible.
Related Questions:
I'd like to know how to get a tourist visa with multiple entry for one year...
Asked by ajak ahmed from uganda
| Dec. 31, 2012 00:01
Can I get into hongkong by visa on arrival through Shenzhen ??
Asked by Isha from Pakistan
| Apr. 16, 2013 04:21
I am on X1 visa, can I go back to my country within the validity of X1 that...
Asked by Hamza from Pakistan
| Sep. 19, 2018 23:26
Can I stay in China with a residence permit if my visa expires?
Asked by Gian from Philippines
| Aug. 26, 2011 04:23
Macau visa. Hi , I'm nepali passport holder
Asked by Babin from Nepal
| Mar. 12, 2018 02:23
if i got visa x How could i make a Temporary Residence Permit or Residence ...
Asked by Esalm Hany Bassiouny from Egypt
| Feb. 27, 2017 20:13
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)