Asked by Ben from United Kingdom | May. 21, 2015 18:43
About:China Tourist Visa

How long in advance should I apply for an L visa? Duration of staying?

I'm Vietnamese but studying in the UK. My friend invited me to visit his family in Dali, Yunnan this summer. I have booked the air tickets for arrival on August 2nd and return on September 12th. Also I want to apply for an L type here in the UK (it would be next Thursday 28th June) before getting back to my country. This is about two months in advance to my intended date of entry, which is August 2nd. Is that ok at this time or too early to do so because I'm afraid that the entry permit may expire before my departure or just a few days after I'm in there? And with my planned trip's duration as above how long could my entry permit be? Thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Bruce from Indonesia | May. 22, 2015 04:10
Ben, visitors are suggested to apply around one mont ahead of their trips. In your case, you can apply on June 28. Usually, the validity is three months. If you acquire on July 1 or 2, then it will be valid until September 30. It won't be expired before your return date.

Generally peaking, you will acquire 30 days duration of stay.
Related Questions:
How long should I wait to apply for VISA? Traveling June of 2016.
Asked by Sean from USA
| Jul. 19, 2015 21:07
Work Z type n how long will it take?
Asked by Y L Teh from Malaysia
| Aug. 02, 2017 21:24
my sister wants to stay for more than 4 months.
Asked by nur from Malaysia
| Feb. 04, 2018 23:52
Planning on visiting Chengdu and surrounding area with college friend (he ...
Asked by Chris from USA
| May. 02, 2014 01:41
How long can I stay with a L visa? I'm from Vietnam.
Asked by yu from Vietnam
| Jun. 26, 2015 02:32
Duration of Stay of L (Tourist Visa)
Asked by krishna from India
| Oct. 26, 2017 01:45
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)