Asked by Cristian from Chile | May. 21, 2015 17:49
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Chilean passport with valid US visa

I will travelling to South Korea from the US and I will arrive in BEIJING to then travel to HANGZHOU and finally to Jeju South Korea. I understand that I do not need an entry permit if I will be only in transit am I right?

Also, in my way back I will travel from Jeju South Korea to Shanghai where I will have a layover of 19 hours, to then continue my trip to Canada. Will I be able to leave the airport under the 72 hours transit?


Answers (1)
Answered by Charlie from San Marino | May. 22, 2015 03:10
If your transit in Beijing and Hangzhou is less than 24 hours, then you needn't apply for any entry permit. Otherwise, you should apply for a L type in advance because you are not qualified for 72 hours free transit.

For your trip from South Korea to Canda, you are qualified for 72 hours free transit policy. So you can exit the airport during your stay.
Related Questions:
Chilean living in Spain wants to vacation in Hong Kong or Taiwan
Asked by Ruben from Chile
| Feb. 13, 2017 19:10
On my way to Chile I need to stop in China for less than 48 hours.
Asked by Silvana from Chile
| Feb. 22, 2017 03:43
Visa on arrival in Shenzhen.
Asked by marcelo duhalde from Chile
| Jun. 27, 2018 20:56
Vacation 6 days in Beijing
Asked by Hernan from USA
| Dec. 29, 2016 20:51
Will I need to re-apply for visa once my passport is renewed?
Asked by chris from USA
| Sep. 19, 2014 21:24
If I have an expired US passport with valid Chinese visa,
Asked by Tao Hong from USA
| Dec. 01, 2016 21:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)