Asked by Asanda from South Africa | May. 03, 2015 07:41
About:China Tourist Visa

Work visa expired

Hi guys,
I've been working in China and resigned about a week ago. The company I was working for said my Z type would expire on the 30th of April. Problem is they still have my passport and I haven't been able to leave the country. They told me that it was the Chinese consulate and due it being labour weekend they were not open. I am worried that the only availability for a flight back to South Africa is on the 7th. Will the migration not hold me up for having an expired entry permit? What can I do?

Answers (1)
Answered by Allen from Spain | May. 03, 2015 22:42
Asanda, I’m really confused. How could your company keep your passport? Anyway, they have no reason to keep it. However, you don’t need to worry about it. After your Z type is cancelled, the immigration office will issue you a one-month L type if everything goes well, so that you can stay legally within this one-month period.
Related Questions:
Is it possible to apply working visa now even if my tourist visa is not yet...
Asked by Linda from Philippines
| Aug. 31, 2012 01:40
I'm from Philippines and in china on a expired work visa
Asked by Meridith from China
| Dec. 14, 2017 20:03
Had Hongkong visa for work before
Asked by Van from Vietnam
| Apr. 02, 2018 21:04
i have a work permit here in south a frica and i want to visit china for on...
Asked by nozipho chikomo from South Africa
| Jun. 22, 2017 20:46
Renew my work visa Z
Asked by Vincent from Italy
| Nov. 29, 2017 00:16
i want work in china i have chinese Z visa. somebody can help me?
Asked by Ajeesh pd from India
| Mar. 03, 2015 03:08
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)