Asked by Melvin from Canada | Apr. 15, 2015 23:33
About:China Visa Exemption

direct transit with overnight connection less than 24 hours. can person leave airport overnight?

direct transit "Foreigners are able to apply for a Temporary Entry Permit to leave the port for city sightseeing or going to a dock or a railway station. .."
passport holder nationality not eligible for 72 hours transit. ticket is confirmed arrival 18h00 Shanghai and departure 10h00 from Shanghai next day.
WHERE and WHEN does the person apply for the temporary entry permit?? Main reason would be to go to city for sleep in bed, also bit of sightseeing.

Answers (1)
Answered by Lily from Ireland | Apr. 17, 2015 04:40
Melvin, you should apply fomr the temporary entry permit when you arrive and pass the immigration counter. There are usually three lines, one for Chinese, one for foreigners and the special line. You need go through the special line to get a stamp on your passport. That stamp is the temporary entry permit and it is for free. If the officer asks you whether you have a visa, you can tell him that you want to exit the restricted area for a visit. Of course, your passport and onward air tickets are required.
Related Questions:
Do I need a visa for a transit of less than 24 hours in Beijing in transit ...
Asked by Lolita from Panama
| Sep. 13, 2017 21:42
Flying Melbourne to Osaka via Guangzhou, is visa required?
Asked by Tania from Australia
| Feb. 21, 2018 15:05
Thai Citizen with less than 24 hours in Chongqing
Asked by JJ from Thailand
| Sep. 08, 2015 21:38
Can I get a Direct Transit entry to Shanghai? On a cruise staying less than...
Asked by Keith Elphick from Australia
| Mar. 26, 2015 04:03
Traveling LA - Sydney
Asked by Amado Espinosa from MEX
| Mar. 05, 2018 21:26
Under 24-hour transit at Beijing airport for Indian passport
Asked by Vishwesh Iyer from Singapore
| Oct. 25, 2017 20:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)