Asked by William from Ireland | Apr. 14, 2015 03:10
About:China Work Visa

Working as an English Language Teacher without a BA degree

I am currently in my last year of studying for an MA in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) ('Foreign Expert' related). At present I hold a Post Graduate Diploma in TESOL, but no BA degree. As it states above, the requirements are stipulated as applicants should have a BA, yet there is mention of flexibility with these requirements.

I have already been offered a contract by the future employer. Does anybody know whether my application could go through? or will it be unsuccessful based on not having a BA? Your thoughts and comments will be much appreciated, Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Wendy from India | Apr. 17, 2015 22:54
Well, in order to get the Z type, you should apply for the work permit first. To get the work permit, diploma and related working experience are required. Usually, these are musts. But you might ask your employer if there is still a chance for you to acquire the work permit. If he/she recruits foreigners before, he/she should know whether you can get the Z type or not.
Related Questions:
Minimum requirements to obtain Z-Visa in order to teach English in China
Asked by Nita from South Africa
| Mar. 28, 2017 20:45
I am a Zimbabwean living in South Africa with a valid work permit and i wan...
Asked by Diana from South Africa
| Dec. 03, 2015 19:53
China education
Asked by Mrs.leewei from Malaysia
| May. 12, 2011 21:07
work Z type for European teacher
| Apr. 28, 2016 22:55
Hello, I have just finished my TEFL (Teaching English Foreign Language) cou...
Asked by Mr.David from England
| Feb. 20, 2011 19:35
Can my employer cancel my Z type
Asked by Beauty from Uganda
| Sep. 24, 2017 00:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)