Asked by Lucas | Mar. 23, 2015 10:22
About:China Work Visa

getting a new z-visa, location and earliest I can get

Two questions.
1. Which embassy or Consulate should I apply at in America?
I have lived in China for three and a half years, before this, I was a resident of Oregon. While in there, I used my mother's address in Oregon until she returned to our birth state, Montana. Can I still use Oregon, and apply through San Francisco. Do I use Montana, and apply through DC, or would it be some other place... Or does it really matter?

My current z type expires on April 3rd. My current employer will send it in to be canceled the day of, or after. What is the earliest I can apply for a new working type? I don't need confirmation that it has been canceled before I apply for a new one do I? Can I apply before, the day of, or the business day after or must I wait till I receive confirmation? Does it matter?

Answers (1)
Answered by Shelton from India | Mar. 26, 2015 01:15
Hello, Lucas!
1. You should submit the application to the consulate which has jurisdiction over your residence area, so I think it’s more appropriate for you do the application in the embassy in Washington DC.
2. No, you don’t need to confirm the previous Z type has been cancelled before you reapply for the Z type. You know, as long as you get the new Z type, the former one will be invalid automatically. Therefore, you can go about the reapplication now.
Related Questions:
My Z visa will expire soon can i apply to convert it for F visa here in Bei...
Asked by Lucas from Philippines
| Mar. 06, 2012 20:52
Bringing a girlfriend into china
Asked by Richard from Thailand
| Feb. 08, 2017 19:47
Can Non native with work permit get the Z visa
Asked by Mike from China
| Mar. 28, 2017 20:36
DEAR MR/MISS i established i company(export_import) in theguangzhou city i...
Asked by Mr.bakhtiary-homayoun from iran
| Dec. 04, 2008 02:24
I have got a job in China and my employer has told me I should get my Zvisa...
Asked by Mr.Thirupathi from UAE
| Nov. 15, 2010 21:22
How to get my passport renewed?
Asked by A.S.SAYED from CHINA
| Feb. 13, 2012 01:25
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)