Asked by Tuan from Vietnam | Mar. 22, 2015 23:19
About:China Visa Exemption

Direct Transit in Hong Kong International Airport (during 15 hours of transit time)

I will fly from San Francisco, USA, will transit at Hong Kong for 15 hours, and then will fly to Vietnam. I am wondering if I can apply for Temporary Entry Permit to rest in a hotel just 5 mins walk from the Airport.


Answers (3)
Answered by Tina from Australia | Mar. 23, 2015 01:12
Tuan, you should apply for a Hong Kong visa before your travel. First, get the following things prepared: application form ID 1003A, recent photograph affixed on the application form, photocopy of your passpor, photocopy your financial standing proof, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts, etc. and proof of employment (if any), e.g. company leave letter, salary slips, etc., photocopy of flight tickets, photocopy of proof of the proposed visit in Vietnam after visiting Hong Kong, itinerary, etc.. Then mail the documents to HK Immigration Department.
Answered by Tuan from Vietnam | Mar. 23, 2015 11:32
Thanks Tina for the reply. It's an ideal case that I will have a Hong Kong entry permit. However, I am flying in 2 days, so getting one is not an option for me. I am wondering if I can get a 24 hour free transit, which is described in the section 2 (For Direct Transit) above.
Answered by Tina from Australia | Mar. 24, 2015 21:14
Sorry, the contents in section 2 are about direct transit policy in mainland China rather than in HK. So you still need the HK entry permit. But I heard that if you take the plane of some airline, you will not be required for the entry permit for direct transit. You can try to find such an airline.
Related Questions:
With Direct transit (24h visa exemption), is it allowed to leave the airpor...
Asked by Anna from Finland
| Aug. 27, 2016 22:57
a. I am travelling to Australia through Guangzhou International Airport on ...
Asked by Mohammad Shahidullah from Australia
| Dec. 22, 2017 16:14
are the passengers go on transit tour from HKIA? what is best place to visi...
Asked by sheela from India
| May. 08, 2014 22:25
HIJ>PVG,(2hr25min stop), PVG>KMG, (19h55min stop), KMG>KTM
Asked by Sriaana from Nepal
| Aug. 07, 2018 08:30
Pick up and drop from/to Hongkong Airport for city tour when transit time ...
Asked by Chittaranjan from India
| Nov. 08, 2014 02:26
I have an Indian passport and traveling to New Zealand.
Asked by Hemant Maheshwari from India
| Dec. 21, 2017 19:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)