Asked by Annie from Finland | Mar. 12, 2015 00:06
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

changing the job, can I stay without visa but just on my residence permit?

I want to change my job (and move to another city) but my contract ends on August, I have Z type and residence permit till November. If I quite my job now, can they cancel my Z type and residence permit (they don't have my passport)?

Answers (1)
Answered by Melinda from Germany | Mar. 18, 2015 02:33
Annie, your employer can cancel your employment certificate. However, she/he can't cancel your resident permit. He/she can report your situation to local entry and exit management bureau. The officers may cancel your resident permit. It's just a possibility. Your Z type has transformed into the resident permit. There is no worry about it.

If you plan to continue to work in China, you'd better end your contract with your employer peacefully because you need him/her to give you the release letter. It is required for you to renew your employment certificate and resident permit.

Theoretically, you should change your resident to a L type immediately as your job finished. But it's ok to stay with your resident permit too.
Related Questions:
Validity period for temporary residence permit
Asked by Joe from India
| Mar. 27, 2014 01:40
Do I need to do anything before my flight if I stay in Beijing for 4 hours ...
Asked by Constantin from Germany
| Feb. 24, 2018 23:31
I was wondering if I could change my work visa to a family type without lea...
Asked by Nathan from China
| Mar. 18, 2015 02:50
Hi, I obtained my masters degree in china on a X visa (study ),
Asked by melvin from China
| Jan. 10, 2018 00:12
Uncooperative former employer
Asked by Tom from China
| Feb. 02, 2016 19:18
residence permit renewal time
Asked by Eli from USA
| Aug. 02, 2018 18:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)