Asked by Janice from USA | Mar. 09, 2015 23:10
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Which entry of China Visa should I use?

I plan to got to China twice at two different dates. On Sept 27, 2015 Celebrity cruise will be disembarked in Shanghai as I will fly out of Shanghai for USA. Another cruise on Nov 1, 2015 Celebrity will be disembarked in Shanghai for shore excursion for 8 hours 30 min tour during the full day as the ship will be arrived at 6 am until 10 pm to leave Shanghai and also on Nov 7 the Celebrity cruise ship will be disembarked at 7 am in Hong Kong for an overnight until Nov 8 morning as we will go on shore excursion tours about 5 hours on Nov 7. I need to know which entry and validity should I apply? Multiple entries? When is best time to apply before I will board the ship in Vancouver on Sept 11 for Transpacific cruise? Should I apply for Hong Kong? Please advise.

Answers (1)
Answered by Emily from New Zealand | Mar. 10, 2015 03:49
Janice, how long will you stay for your first time in Shanghai? If it’s not more than 24 hours, you don’t need entry permit that time. If the stay exceeds 24 hours, you need to apply for a single-entry G type. During your second visit to Shanghai, it’s certain that you can make use of the 24 hour direct transit policy from your description. If u are holding US passport, the Hong Kong entry permit is not required for you either because HK gives US citizens a 90-day free entry. By the way, the best time to apply for a Chinese entry permit is one month before your travel.
Related Questions:
which of the application form do i use when applying for a single entry chi...
Asked by diane from Jamaica
| May. 05, 2012 22:19
How many days should I stay out of China in order to use the second entry o...
Asked by Joe from Mexico
| Mar. 13, 2014 02:31
China VISA entry date - Leaving UK on 6 Sept and will enter China on 7th Se...
Asked by S
| Jul. 23, 2013 04:34
I need a business visa of China please tell me which form I should use and ...
Asked by Ahmad Farid from Afghanistan
| Jul. 01, 2012 03:13
I shall be visiting China for a conference. Which type of visa should I app...
Asked by Karabi Das from India
| May. 22, 2016 21:16
I forgot to ask also, which visa application for should I use to fill in an...
Asked by Mr.Steven from Malaysia
| Sep. 19, 2009 21:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)