Asked by Liza from United Kingdom | Mar. 04, 2015 05:06
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

What if I need to stay for less than 72 hours?

I am looking to transit through Beijing to Hong Kong, but I only need to spend 2 days in Beijing (48 hours). This condition is confusing:
''5. Passengers are not allowed to leave the transit city during the 72 hours,''
Is this only for other travel, such as by train or road? Or do we have to stay the full 72 hours before flying on to Hong Kong?

Answers (1)
Answered by Kate from New Zealand | Mar. 08, 2015 01:14
Liza, I'm trying to clarify two points here for you.
1. At present, the 72 hour free transit policy is only available at airports, so passengers by train or road cannot make use of the policy.
2. The policy enables qualified passengers to stay for as long as 72 hours and they are not allowed to leave the transit city during the layover time, but that is not say you must stay the full 72 hours. So, you needn't worry about it and you are eligible for the free transit.
Related Questions:
Going to India via Guangzhou from usa,less than 72 hours stay in Guangzhou....
Asked by Mal Waraich from USA
| Sep. 28, 2016 01:12
USA to Tokyo to Shanghai to Hong Kong to Tokyo and back to USA
Asked by Ted from USA
| Feb. 06, 2017 20:38
Do I need a Visa travelling from US to Shanghai then to Seoul, then back to...
Asked by Mike from USA
| Sep. 06, 2014 20:50
I am travelling from Canada to Beijing and then Beijing to Kazakhstan and K...
Asked by Susan Pothiah from Canada
| Jul. 29, 2014 20:16
Do you need a Visa for a stay in China less than 72 hours with a confirmed ...
Asked by Bezza from England
| Sep. 23, 2015 22:15
We fly to Shanghai, stay for less than 72 hours and then board the Cruise s...
Asked by P Bainbridge from Uk
| Sep. 09, 2014 21:24
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)