Asked by Jilin from China | Mar. 03, 2015 20:38
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

How long are the resident visa's good for both duration and expiration?

my soon to be wife is Chinese and I am an American. Once we are married we want to live in her hometown, if I get my L type renewed and then upon arrival at her hometown can I immediately apply for a resident permit? I saw this posted above and wanted to know what else do I need to apply for?

Basic Requirements for Application
1. Your passport (with current visa and certificate of Temporary Residency);
2. Temporary Registration Form issued from the local Public Security Bureau.
3. Very recent photographs with receipt, they must be specified standard and less than 1-month old;
4. Application fee. (Expect change from 1, 000 RMB)

Answers (1)
Answered by Gigi from USA | Mar. 12, 2015 03:23
Jilin, you can’t get a resident permit with the L type. After you get married with your wife, you should apply for a Q1 type at your home country. Then within 30 days after you arrival at China, go to the local Exit and Entry Administration to apply for a residence permit. In addition to the documents you listed, you should also provide your wife’s ID card, invitation letter, and wedding book.
Related Questions:
Can Egyptian and Indian nationality apply business visa to china?
Asked by hi d from qatar
| Apr. 12, 2018 02:45
I was born in 1984 and husband in 1985 are we compatible with each other?
Asked by tenz from India
| Jun. 13, 2016 20:50
Crew visa for seaman
Asked by Konstantin from Russia
| Nov. 28, 2016 00:48
hello. i want to study in the iniveristy in china for master degree during ...
Asked by SOUKHAL from Morocco
| Dec. 13, 2017 20:47
which you recommend the intercity bus or train from guangzhou airport to sh...
Asked by Essam from Egypt
| Jul. 09, 2016 20:36
do we need hongkong visa?
Asked by melivy from abudhabi
| Mar. 02, 2012 01:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)