Asked by John from USA | Feb. 27, 2015 14:13
About:FAQ of Chinese Visa Application

Standby Airline Flights

I will be in Hong Kong and I wanted to visit China. I work for an Airline and will fly standby. This means I will not have a confirmed seat on a flight going in or out of China. I can list myself on a flight and have a confirmation of that listing when I apply for my visa, but I will not have a confirmed seat. Will I be able to get one this way.

Answers (1)
Answered by Jane from Australia | Mar. 02, 2015 21:22
John, if you are flying in and out of China by the planes of your company, you are not required to provide the round-trip tickets. You can ask your company to issue you a gurantee letter and apply for a C type. Other documents you need to submit are a valid passport, a photocopy of the passport's data page, a filled application form, and a color bare-headed photo taken within six months.
Related Questions:
As an airline employee i fly standby , is this permitted?
Asked by Scott benson from Usa
| Oct. 29, 2017 22:19
Do you need a visa on going to and departing Hong Kong from U.S.
Asked by Mary from USA
| Oct. 08, 2017 21:03
Can a retired airline employee flying standby without a confirmed seat qual...
Asked by ross DEKRAAY from USA
| Jan. 11, 2017 21:46
Visa exemption for standby travelers
Asked by Jim Gerrish from USA
| Jun. 13, 2013 22:52
Can an airline employee travel intransit on a standby ticket via Shanghai?
Asked by Stephen from USA
| Nov. 11, 2014 21:32
Can a airline personal use the 72 hour stay? The tickets would be standby.
Asked by Barbara from USA
| Jul. 08, 2017 06:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)