Asked by Sophia from United Kingdom | Jan. 23, 2015 11:44
About:Visa Policy of China

Changing Visa once in China

My husband will be accompanying me to China with the S type, but we hope that he will find work once he is there. How does he change his S to a Z? I understand he must leave China, but I have heard that it can be done in Hong Kong? Is this true? Or must he go back to Canada? Can he apply from somwhere closer? Japan for instance?

Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Oliver from Lebanon | Jan. 24, 2015 01:26
Sophia, you husband needs to find an employer first. And he might try to change his S to Z without leaving. A foreigner once successfully applied for the Z type successfully without leaving. So I think your husband may go to local entry and exit management to try his luck.

It's true that he may apply in HK. However, usually it is done by the agencies. They charge very high service fee. According to what I heard, at least CNY5000 to 6000 is required.
Related Questions:
I am currently working in China (Qinhuangdao) as a college teacher, with a ...
Asked by Tom
| Oct. 13, 2011 22:13
Do i need a transit visa for changing planes in Beijing?
Asked by Mr.Ms Xenia Polunin from UK
| Jul. 02, 2010 20:48
I have ticket from india to tokyo via shanghai and stop over time 22 hrs
Asked by kashif iqbal from Japan
| Jul. 19, 2013 03:17
Going to Manila.
Asked by Jean from UAE
| Jul. 08, 2018 19:32
How will you know that you are no longer allowed to re enter after over sta...
Asked by Gab from Philippines
| Oct. 14, 2012 03:10
Fly in to Beijing on on one airline and fly out day later on another
Asked by Adam from Romania
| Apr. 04, 2018 09:28
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)