Asked by Lucia from Netherlands | Jan. 14, 2015 19:37
About:Hong Kong Visa Policy

Enter china with a passport that expires 3 months after intended stay

I am a dutch citizen holding a dutch passport, which will expire on 6th. May of 2015. I intend to travel to Hong Kong on the 26th. of January and will leave Hong Kong on the 6th. February 2015 to return to Europe. I have a return ticket.

May i enter Hongkong with still a 3 month validity on my Passport beyond my intended stay in Hongkong? How about mainland China, will i get a visum to enter Shenzhen, just for shopping and short stay in Shenzhen.

Answers (1)
Answered by Larry from Denmark | Jan. 16, 2015 03:35
Lucia, you are not allowed to apply one for mainland China because it requires that the passport must be valid for at least six months. And you may contact HK Immigration Department at (852) 2824 6111 to confirm whether it has the same requirement.
Related Questions:
I want to confirm if there will be any problems entering into HK as my pass...
Asked by Rodi from USA
| Mar. 08, 2014 02:04
Dear Sir/Madam, I have a passport valid for 3 months after my intended 1...
Asked by Ms.Chang from Malaysia
| May. 02, 2010 01:32
Validity of passport left upon exit from China
Asked by Lilis Aman from Indonesia
| Feb. 27, 2017 21:49
Two year multiple entry Business Visa
Asked by Graham from Ireland
| Feb. 24, 2016 02:18
I'm from US and want to get the 144-hour free transit for a short round-tri...
Asked by Ian from USA
| Dec. 29, 2016 21:50
US citizen going to China 3 months will I have to exit after 30 days and r...
Asked by Vee from United States
| Jun. 21, 2016 21:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)