Asked by Michael from Singapore | Jan. 09, 2015 02:49
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Marriage to a China Citizen

Dear All...

I am currently married to a Chinese National in Singapore under Singapore laws as we have registered our marriage with ROM about 2 years back. We recently wanted to register our marriage in China as well but not sure on how to go about doing it.

1. Are we able to register our marriage in China via China Embassy in Sg? If so, what documents are needed and what are the costs and duration?

2. If unable to register in Sg China embassy, as we are married in Singapore, I would be unable to produce a Single status from Singapore ROM for the certificate of marrigability. How can I go about resolving that issue?

Thanks all.

Answers (1)
Answered by Adam from France | Jan. 12, 2015 02:16
Michael, you can't register your marriage at Chinese embassy in Singapore. The embassy just process marriage requests for Chinese citizens only.

You are right. You can't register your marriage in China too because you can't provide the single status certificate. In fact, your Singaporean marriage certificate is acknowledged in China. If you want to use it in China, you should get it certified by Chinese embassy. Normally, the cerfified document is only valid for six months. After you arrive in China, you need to notarize it too before you use it.
Related Questions:
What type of visa do I need if I would like to stay long in China to prepar...
Asked by Ms.Andrea from Philippines
| May. 07, 2011 01:36
can i invite my chinese friend to come here in japan? and what documents do...
Asked by streamer from japan
| Apr. 09, 2015 02:16
Hi, can i entered shenzhen and get my visa upon arrival?
Asked by fred l from malaysia
| Sep. 23, 2012 01:05
I am a US citizen going to Choingqin for marriage. Can I process the singl...
Asked by Gerry Villani from USA
| May. 30, 2014 04:25
Marriage of American man to Chinese woman married in China, valid in the Un...
Asked by Carol Shraiberg from United States
| Dec. 22, 2014 21:36
if i want to marry to chinese citizen do i need to get divorce certificate...
Asked by lena from usmoonlight
| Jan. 19, 2013 21:38
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)