Asked by Lee from Australia | Jan. 08, 2015 05:35
About:Visa Policy of China

Easier to apply from home country or Hong Kong?

Hello. Would it be easier for us as Australians to apply for China tourist type here in Australia (Melbourne consulate office) or when we are in Hong Kong for a week just before intended train entry into Guang Zhou?

We have photos and completed forms but have no documents for travel into China nor accommodation yet. This is the reason we haven't applied at the Melbourne consulate. However I have heard that most China travel agents in Hong Kong do not require as much paperwork. But I'm still worried that applying for it only a week before entry may not be enough time to obtain visas for myself and my husband and my two young children.

Please advise!

Answers (1)
Answered by Grace from Japan | Jan. 09, 2015 01:41
I think applying from your home country may be easier. If you apply for it in Hong Kong, you are not surely to obtain it by yourself at the Office of Commisioner of the Foreign Affairs Ministry of the PRC. But if you turn to a travel agency to help, it may incur additional fees, sometimes a little expensive. If you don't want to buy tickets and book hotels so early, you can apply it in Hong Kong. A week is enough, as the normal processing time is 4 working days.
Related Questions:
Hi Justin, I know that it is easier but we can get passport only from home...
Asked by Mrs.Ash from ksa
| Nov. 10, 2009 01:06
I want to enter China from Hong Kong.Can i apply for visa at my home countr...
Asked by liyana from Malaysia
| Sep. 20, 2013 03:02
which is the cheaper and easier way to get to regal kowloon hotel from HK ...
Asked by mat from Malaysia
| Nov. 17, 2013 20:50
How can i go to YWCA from HKIA? By bus or by train easier? tq
Asked by Ms.Koh from Malaysia
| Dec. 05, 2010 03:34
How to apply a visa from Pakistan to Hong Kong? A Pakistan Pastor wants to ...
Asked by Teresa from Hong Kong
| May. 16, 2016 20:52
I am an American citizen, is it possible for me to apply for a Chinese main...
Asked by Sam from USA
| Nov. 08, 2014 01:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)