Asked by DJK from Canada | Dec. 25, 2014 09:11
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

Single or multiple entry visa required for me and my companion

My traveling companion and myself are Canadian citizens entering Mainland China at Kunming, Yunnan then flying to Guilin, Guangxi. From there we will travel overland boat, bus, train to Hong Kong for our exit flight. Total length of stay will be 20 days.
Confused about whether we need to apply for a single or two entry type. Does traveling from Mainland China to Hong Kong constitute a separate entry? We will NOT be re-entering Mainland China from Hong Kong, that is our exit point.
We have our flights entering China at Kunming and exiting from Hong Kong booked and confirmed.

Answers (1)
Answered by Julian from Netherlands | Dec. 25, 2014 20:13
Hi, a single-entry type will be fine for you! Travelling fom Mainland China to Hong Kong constituetes a separate entry, however, Hong Kong is 90 days entry-free for Canadian passport holders, so you won't have problems in entering HK.
Related Questions:
I am starting my cruise in Shanghai..will spend three nights in Shanghai be...
Asked by Barbara Beaupre from USA
| Mar. 18, 2018 22:11
We are travelling into Hong Kong for two days and then on to Shanghai for a...
Asked by Anne from Australia
| Nov. 03, 2015 01:25
Is visa required for Australian to visit Macau?
Asked by Erica from Australia
| Dec. 12, 2014 00:39
Iam holidaying in China for 10 days with my travel companion friend
Asked by Chris from Australia
| Feb. 04, 2017 21:49
Is a return ticket or a ticket out of china required before entry is grante...
Asked by Duncan from United kingdom
| Sep. 01, 2014 20:19
Documents required for multiple entry visa
Asked by Lin from Singapore
| Jun. 26, 2018 21:33
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)