Asked by Praveesh Preman from India | Dec. 25, 2014 00:16
About:Tibet Travel Permit

to watch everest from monastry or from base camp

I'm from india, I wish to see mount. Everest with my friend. Without tour packages Are we allowed to travel at base camp together with a guide ??? I just want to take pics of everest. From where we get a guide? How many days will it take to reach there? Is any tour packages available of short period? If we go by short day package tour will they arrange everything including Tibet travel permit, alien permit, etc.. do we have to take Chinese visa by ourselves? How much will be the cost for this trip except visa??

Answers (1)
Answered by Boyce from Singapore | Dec. 26, 2014 01:23
It is not allowed. You need to enter Tibet by joining a tour group.
After you join a tour, the tour agency will help guide to sumbit related documents for applying permits. They can provide you an invitation letter, with which, you can apply a Chinese visa on your own. The expense is hard to tell, because it depends on your situation and the tour agencie. Some agencies charge less, while some charge high with good service.
Related Questions:
Is the Everest base camp anything special to see (in march)?
Asked by Mr.TOMMY from China
| Jun. 24, 2009 19:23
I would like to know how's the weather like in Tibet in May?
Asked by Bee Chean from Malaysia
| Mar. 20, 2013 02:30
Could someone please tell me how long the return trip from Mt. Everest Base...
Asked by Iranthi from Sri Lanka
| Jun. 26, 2014 03:23
If we travel in that time (9-18 Dec.09) to Tiebt and then to the Everest Ba...
Asked by Mr.Green from China
| Aug. 05, 2009 00:40
I want to watch the total solar eclipse on Jul 22, 2009
Asked by Mr.Bruce Speers
| May. 07, 2009 11:15
What is the weather like at EBC (Everest Base Camp) first week of October??...
Asked by Abe from USA
| Aug. 02, 2013 21:46
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)