Asked by Alexandra from Luxemburg | Dec. 04, 2014 11:26
About:China Visa

Before arriving on a student visa in Shanghai, I want to go in advance

Before arriving on a student X type in Shanghai, I would like to go 3 weeks in advance leave my luggage and travel with my boyfriend (he already lives and works in China) for Chinese New Year , probably outside China mainland.
My studies begin 26th February. Can I use a multiple entry type to arrive in advance to Shanghai, then return after holidays and change type and apply for a student residence?

Answers (1)
Answered by Arno from UAE | Dec. 04, 2014 20:38
First, it needs to be told that changing the type is almost not possible in China in person. If you want to change, you may need to get some help from an agency.

In general, you can try to apply for a multiple entry Tourist L to visit China and then leave China to your home country or a foreign country to apply your student X type. After get the X type, you can change it to a resident permit after you enter China.
Related Questions:
Hello im Colombian. I have Italian student visa until may 2nd and chinese s...
Asked by Mrs.Ana from Italy
| Feb. 05, 2011 03:14
Transit Visa - Currently on student X
Asked by Natalia from Argentina
| Nov. 08, 2017 17:08
do i need a visa to china with a hongkong student visa?
Asked by danny from nigerian
| Aug. 04, 2012 04:17
Where do I need to have Health Check Certificate in Hong Kong to apply Chin...
Asked by Sid
| Jul. 14, 2011 02:32
Can I extend x2 type visa without leaving China?
Asked by mary from Belarus
| Aug. 14, 2015 21:37
What requirements do I need
Asked by Doris from Cameroon
| Nov. 19, 2017 21:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)