Asked by John from Rep of Cyprus | Nov. 20, 2014 10:27
About:China Embassy in Cyprus

We will have a trip to Shanghai and HK from ROC

Hello my wife and I are British with UK passports. We are permanent residents in the Republic of Cyprus. We are taking a cruise in March next year and stopping in Shanghai and Hong Kong. Each stop is around 48 hours.
1. Can we get our visas here in ROC please?
2. If so, can we send our applications to you by courier?
3. Can they be collected by courier also?
4. What documents do we need to send you with the application?
5. How much will it cost per person?
6. What days and hours are you open over the Christmas period 2014?
7. How long is the visa valid?



Answers (1)
Answered by March from USA | Nov. 20, 2014 20:23
You are able to apply in ROC since you are local permanent residents.
As far as I know, the local embassy does not accept the application through mails, so you may go to the embassy for application. Or you can contact the local Chinese embassy for confirming. If you cannot go, you can find a local tour agency to help you to apply.

You are suggested to transit G for landing in Shanghai with your valid passport, an application form, a recent taken photo, your onward ship ticket with confirmed seats and date. If the ticket cannot be provides, you had better ask the cruise staff to provide you a supporting letter as a proof.

Since you only need a single entry, the fee is 20 Euro. Usually, a Transit G has its validity of 30 days with duration of stay around 7 days. The holiday of Christmas is not published yet.
Related Questions:
I am an American citizen with an Alien Residence Card for Taiwan (R.O.C.). ...
Asked by Ms.Rice from USA, Taiwan
| Sep. 22, 2010 22:08
Vancouver - Taipei - Hong Kong - Shanghai - Vancouver
Asked by Susi from Canada
| Dec. 28, 2017 21:16
Since our passports belong to one of the 51 countries, can we apply for the...
Asked by Eleonora from Italy
| Jan. 28, 2016 19:45
Dear Sir/Mdm, My mother is holding Taiwan (ROC) passport and we are hoping...
Asked by Ms.Jace from Singapore
| Jul. 21, 2009 02:40
Is it possible to enter Macau and leave from Hongkong airport
Asked by Soumya from India
| May. 25, 2017 20:35
Round trip ticket US -Beijing oct 10 days but traveling to third country fo...
Asked by Patrick from USA
| Sep. 19, 2018 23:23
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)